Monday, July 11, 2011

Make Love Monday #3

Make Love Monday -- a mission to create a more loving world by being aware of how we interact with each other and choosing connection. Choose to connect with the offered practice sometime during the week and report back on how it goes.




Today's tip comes from Audra. She's a lovely lovely lady who also happens to practice with me often, so I'm extra lucky to know her in person, not just online.

Audra's tip for sharing more love is:

Write a handwritten note

This one is timely for me because just yesterday after class a student brought me a print out of an email he'd received. On the email he wrote a kind little note reminding me again of how he has connected repeatedly with a teaching I offered back in the spring. It struck my heart that he took the time to print out the email and put it in an envelope for me, but it struck me even more that he actually included his own thought with it. So very kind and totally personal.

I think that's a part about the offering of more love. It is taking time to give personal recognition and attention to those in our lives, or those who cross our paths in the moment. The personal attention is something that we seem to be short on giving and receiving these days, so if you can do it with a tiny little note or a super long letter this week, you just might make someone you love's day. Let me know how it goes, and I'll keep you posted too.

Have a Make Love Monday tip? Hook me up! Send me an email at spack2@hotmail.com with MLM in the subject line. I'd love to share it (and if you get up on the blog you'll get a free class with me if you're in town, and something else awesome if you're not)

No comments: