Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where Everybody Knows Your Name....







"Where everybody knows your name.... And they're always glad you came...."

This weekend was a fabulous moment of being in my community. It was beautiful to go from hiding in the crowd with only one chance meeting with an old friend at my first workshop with John Friend.... to knowing so many fabulous beings, and having them know me. I went with friends from RVA and along the way hugged two friends from YTT (Stephanie and her nearly due baby, and Amy). I talked with people I took immersions with in Maryland. I spoke to people I've taken workshops with, and folks I used to practice beside. I saw one of my teachers who that I keep in touch with as a model mentor. I didn't forget a name. And they didn't for get mine. That is the power of this community.
And I met plenty of new friends... one who even sought me out because she knew my name and wanted to introduce herself. I also saw Emma Magenta and Bernie Bernie who's blogs I read religiously. I didn't have a chance to speak to them but I will one day. I saw amazing yogins, with amazing practices. People who's reputations I've heard of for years like Sue and Naime.
Not only did I see, I was seen. So many people came to me and spoke to me. John gave me a personal instruction. And Anusara-Inspired teachers were asked to stand. So I know, I was seen as a member of this community that I love so much.
The only thing that would have made it even more complete would have been to see my teachers, but they were there with me either way.
And of course I saw John Friend and am still downloading all he had to say.
Now I can tell you from personal experience, you don't have to go to a bar to go to a place where everybody knows your name. You just have to come to Anusara yoga and keep on coming. Once you start you're a part of the family and you will not be forgotten. It's nice to be home.

Appreciations:
  • Community in it's many forms
  • the library
  • that the men cutting down the tree and grinding it up right in front of my daughter's window stopped in time for her to get in a good nap
  • my husband enjoys football but no other sports
  • really really warm pajamas

No comments: