Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Change of Plans

Well, my day didn't exactly go as planned today. Today I was covered in girlchild puke just after I got out of the shower and that pretty much put an end to anything we thought we'd do. Instead we hung out on the sofa, watched sesame street, tried to nap, and I did plenty of cleaning up and laundry after each episode of vomiting.
Luckily, she doesn't get sick very often. When she does, I am immediately and very directly brought into the present moment and held there. Somehow I get entirely focused, everything else falls away and I am crystal clear. Nothing else matters but her. It isn't ideal that she has to be sick for this to happen but at least it does happen from time to time.
So. Now I'm going to take care of everything else that didn't get taken care of during this day. And I'll hope that tomorrow is a wee bit better... it's already looking up.
Appreciations:
  • A good friend I can call to run to the store for us so I don't have to take a sick toddler out in public
  • The nurse at the doctor's office who called me back in a reasonable timeframe with good advice
  • My mom who also called me back with good advice and sympathy
  • MY WASHING MACHINE
  • That Sesame Street is entertaining not just for the young but also for the young at heart

No comments: