Monday, July 4, 2011

Make Love Monday #2

Make Love Monday -- a mission to create a more loving world by being aware of how we interact with each other and choosing connection. Choose to connect with the offered practice sometime during the week and report back on how it goes.


Today's tip also, a sweet and easy one.

Welcome Others

Try it when you're sitting in your normal class and somebody new comes in (especially if you're not the teacher). Do you remember back to middle school, being in the lunchroom and not knowing who to sit with? Yeah, it's not such a great feeling. So welcome others into your yoga class, your lunch table at work, your home if you know a friend is struggling, your girlfriend date, or into your holiday plans if you're celebrating today.

This is one that I struggle with because I think of myself as Shy. But after spending time with some amazing Certified teachers I see how much of an impact it can be to feel welcomed into a group. Lila put it beautifully: I don't like to be exclusionary of anybody.
So look for a chance or many chances to welcome someone this week and see what happens. You might just make a life long friend! Leave a comment to let me know how it goes.

Have a Make Love Monday tip? Hook me up! Send me an email at spack2@hotmail.com with MLM in the subject line. I'd love to share it (and if you get up on the blog you'll get a free class with me if you're in town, and something else awesome if you're not)

No comments: