Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Supermoon Superstars


Every so often true magic really occurs in the yoga studio. I'm not really sure how or why it does, but it does. Last night was one of those nights. Inspired by last Saturday's supermoon and by the shift to more daylight because of the time change a week ago, I taught John's 'Lakshimi Rocks Me' Class... about celebrating and aligning to the light. Because, seriously, if the supermoon isn't inspiration for Inner Body Bright, I don't know what is.
And it was a simply magical class. All 10 students seemed to be with me the whole time. Nobody was putting off that 'you're a crazy lady' vibe when I spoke the Anusara-speak. And everyone in the class was generally at the same level as each other which also happened to be the same level the class was geared towards (praise Shiva/Shakti! that almost never happens).
And so, it was brilliant. They brightened their beautiful inner bodies and I saw tiny smiles spread across their faces and through their entire bodies. Before long we were rocking through 3 setubandas followed by Urdhva Dhanurasana demonstrated by one of the students that is totally hooked and coming along on this Anusara path. Partner UD elicited much laughter and fun. Then, after class, more discussion about loving this practice and about how to build skills (even a little impromptu lesson in the lobby). Nights like last night are so precious to me. They are so fun and inspiring. And, happily, as I soften and relax deeper into the seat of teacher they are coming more and more often. So GO ON you super shiny Supermoon Anusaris. You totally Rock and you so make my day. The light in me bows to the very same bright inner light in You! Namaste!

Contemplation: Who or what brightens your day?

No comments: