Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Contraction/Expansion and THE MORE


Just Born 2008

Today was my girl's second birthday. A day to remember and celebrate the biggest and most direct experience of Spanda, the dance of contraction and expansion, that I've ever experienced in my life. I also think of her as 'The More.'
In Tantric philosophy as in life, the Universe is in a constant state of expansion. The Universe is at once totally perfect in it's imperfect state, and is also always expanding to make More. The idea of The More says that even in perfection you can always become more. Even when things are just as they are meant to be, there's More.
That's how I think of my girl. My life was pretty good, perfectly imperfect, then I met Max and our marriage made my life More. Then our marriage was perfect just how it was and we created this sweet child who came along to make it even More. She is the More to our relationship. And with her in our lives, our Universe is constantly expanding, growing and shaping itself to all that we encounter as parents. I have learned WAY more from her than I have from any other teacher in my life, and I have a feeling this will continue indefinitely.
Tonight, now that she's off to sleep I am so grateful for this sweet More in my imperfectly perfect life.

No comments: