Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Clearing


The other day I mentioned that the rhythm of Autumn really is about clearing and cleaning up. I truly am amazed that I've never noticed or thought about Fall in this way. It makes me really excited and happy to finally figure it out.

I thought I'd bring you 5 Fall Clearing tips to use for yourself as you get yourself prepped for Winter this year.
  1. Do Twisting Postures -- If you're a yogi you already know, twists are where it's at to clean out your system. Seated or standing they have incredible benefits for moving toxins right out and balancing the entire body and nervous system. To go for even more cleansing get a sweat on every day or so.
  2. Yoga Nidra -- I describe YN as Yoga Hypnosis. A more accurate description can be found here. But I highly recommend an ongoing practice of Yoga Nidra at this time of year for the profound rest it can bring. Also, setting an intention of release of what no longer serves you might just open up some new space deep in your energy bodies.
  3. Spot Clean -- Pick just one spot in your living space that is making you crazy and CLEAN IT UP. Maybe it's a pesky closet, or a disorganized drawer, maybe your shoes are out of control... whatever it is, take an evening and clean it. I promise you you will be amazed by the resulting mental clarity and ease that will come when you have a little more order in your space.
  4. Food Check -- Even if only for a few days try some way of cleaning up your diet. You don't have to do a full-on detox/cleanse to get some remarkable results. Just add in more fruits or veggies or try kicking chocolate for 3 days straight. Even drinking more water can have profound effects on your mental functioning and physical experience.
  5. Have that Conversation -- You know the one I mean. The one that is bouncing around in your head causing you stress/anxiety/lost sleep/irritation/anger/frustration... etc. That one. If it's in there causing you strife it is blocking you from moving forward. Have it out and see how the air will clear.
These all are falling under the Sauca heading for me. Sauca (one of Patanjali's Niyamas) in terms of not only cleanliness, but purification, and Clarity. I've been at some of these for a while now, but will be trying to keep it going and even add in a little more in the next few days. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: