Monday, August 1, 2011

Make Love Monday #5

Make Love Monday -- a mission to create a more loving world by being aware of how we interact with each other and choosing connection. Choose to connect with the offered practice sometime during the week and report back on how it goes.

This one comes from Anodea Judith. In her book Eastern Body, Western Mind she writes about opening the Heart Chakra and suggests giving love is one of the great ways to get the heart space working.

Her recommendation is:

Do something wildly unexpected for someone

Go out of your way to do something, somewhat large for someone you love. Her thought is to carry groceries for a neighbor, or treat a friend to an unexpected dinner. For me, thinking of doing this one this week feels a little challenging, honestly. But, that's the point. Growing the love in the world isn't an easy task, if it were easy we'd all be doing it already. So, I'm going to make a point, amidst all that I have to do this week, to find something extravagant to do for someone else that I love. I'll let you know how it goes....and you do the same on Facebook or in the comments to this post.

Have a Make Love Monday tip? Hook me up! Send me an email at spack2@hotmail.com with MLM in the subject line. I'd love to share it (and if you get up on the blog you'll get a free class with me if you're in town, and something else awesome if you're not)

No comments: