Thursday, September 16, 2010

What's Coming

Fall is getting into full swing here in my life (even though it's still 90 degrees in Richmond). And I thought I'd take a moment to update on my First Ever Yoga Series!

The yoga scene in RVA is such that most classes are offered on a drop-in basis. It's great for teachers and students alike in many ways. But, the downfall is that when trying to teach in a sequence designed to build through time, I end up with some people in the class who've been building to a pose for months and others who I've never seen before. It is a challenge to say the least.

So, I am very excited to be offering a 6-week series course every Thursday night 7:45 - 9pm beginning Sept 23. Students will be able to sign-up for the full 6 weeks (or just 5, if needed). And we'll be able to explore This great yoga in a dynamic way, building on itself week to week. I will be relying heavily on resources from Todd and Ann, specifically their instructions for an introductory series. But I'll also be certain to add my own spin. Being able to work with the same people week after week will truly let me tailor the practice to my special group. I'm Super excited!!!

Here's an excerpt from the write up for Yoga Source:

Fundamentals of Anusara-Inspired Yoga


Yoga Source is proud to offer a six-week course in the fundamental alignment and philosophy of Anusara-Inspired™ yoga. Course study will focus on detailed explanation and instruction in the 5 Universal Principles of Alignment™ which have the power to transform every pose.

Additional emphasis will be placed on the Shiva/Shakti Tantric "Life is Good" philosophy underlying Anusara-Inspired™ instruction. Particularly of interest are the 3 A’s: Attitude, Alignment, and Action which can help you create a full expression of joy in all asana. As always, inspirational language will lead your practice to become a true

"Celebration of the Heart!"

(OK, So that's not the actual picture we're using. I just think it's a fun one, look back and see why if you weren't paying attention)

No comments: