Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pose of the Month: August

August's Pose of the Month: Bakasana

This month let's play with Bakasana! Bakasana, aka crane pose, is not one of my favorites. I have a love/hate relationship with this pose because every time I feel like I'm getting a handle on it something happens (like getting pregnant and having a baby) and it drifts away again. Recently I've put some real effort into building this pose into my repertoire in a meaningful way and I'm seeing some change.

So, for this pose of the month my recommendation is to practice it every time you go to the mat unless you're doing restoratives. Each time you practice bakasana, give it three good shots. If this pose is already under your belt, Woo-Hoo! see how long you can stay in it for the three times. If it is coming along then just breathe and hang in it. If bakasana is not yet your best friend, put out a crash pad for your head and give it three good goes and then forget it until tomorrow. Let's see what happens by the end of the month, shall we?

Some poses that may help you build into Bakasana:
Malasana prep and Malasana

and if you're afraid of falling on your face, doing a few summersaults wouldn't hurt either.

Join in and keep me posted on how it's going with a comment or two.


No comments: